The long road after Addiction Rehab
While in the throws of drug and alcohol addiction you have done many dishonest things, not only breaking the law but you have put your family through struggles unimaginable by most. The stealing, dishonesty, cheating all these things do not magically disappear, you have a lot of work to do to rebuild your families trust. The recovering drug addict or alcoholic will have his or her feelings hurt more then once because his family will question him or not freely believe everything he says. This has to be expected, God did not make anyone forget what has happened in the past and the family will not be able to drop their guard and just trust everything right away, this has to be earned, and it takes time. The family should not feel bad about not trusting the recovering person and the recovering drug addict or alcohol has to understand it was his addiction to drugs and alcohol that caused this well placed mistrust in the first place. He or she can not be mad about this, they just have to keep proving; " that was the old me and I am not that person anymore." But remember words are cheap, you have to prove to everyone that was the old you.
Over time these wounds will heal and life will become more normal, do not rush it. It has taken years for your old life style to create the mess you are trying to leave behind, your family was patient with you then, now you have to be patient with them. Here are a few things that may help you as you begin to rebuild your life.
- Make a decision that you will wake up each day with enthusiasm.
- Get up in the morning and think of all the things you have to be grateful for. (Your sobriety will be at the top of that list I'm sure.)
- Set your mind on positive things, positive thinking brings positive results.
- Keep growing, keep reaching for new heights and remember your best days are still in front of you.
A life of sobriety after drug or alcohol addiction brings a whole new meaning to being "Born Again", God gave you a second chance for a reason, use everyday like you will meet him tomorrow.
- Verses for Strength / Christian Rehab
- The Christian Addict
- Be Prepared / Christian Rehab
- The long road after Addiction Rehab
- God's Perfect Plan/Christian Rehab
For help finding a Christian Drug or Alcohol Rehabilitation Center please call: 1-877-231-3536